I’ve been married for almost 20 years to an incredible, talented, smoking hot and sports-obsessed man. Together, we share a love of Thai food, Friends and Friday Night Lights. Oh, and Dave Matthews Band. We tend to butt heads over sports (because I just don’t care) and my makeup obsession (because he just doesn’t care) but we have managed to put those things aside in the name of love. And Chicken Pad-Thai.
We are blessed with 3 messy, smelly, dirty boys. Trenton is 17, Jackson is 14 and Aidon is 13. They’re at fun age where they understand pop culture references and get most of our jokes. And now, Davey and I usually the ones going, “I don’t get it.” (Like, who is Joe’s Mama and why does she keep coming up?)
Unfortunately, I’m not an all-together Mom. At the end of the day, if no one’s bleeding and everyone has had at least a meal, I consider it a win. Lucky for me, my husband IS an all-together Dad. He signs all the school paperwork, inputs basketball practices into the Family Calendar, does a fair share of the cooking and keeps his bathroom clean…while I continue to neglect my household and children on this blog.
Some random facts about me:
- I depend on coffee the way most people depend of electricity. And when I say coffee, I mean creamer warmed up with a little bit of coffee.
- I classify cereal an acceptable dinner.
- I have single-handedly kept the good people of the local Walmart employed by the amount of money we spend on groceries. We do the Grocery Pickup now and every time, while they’re loading up my car (it takes 3 of them) they ask me, how many people do you have in your family?! A lot, sweetie. A lot.
- Actually, come to think of it, I’ve probably done the same for the good people of H&M. And Nordstrom. And Sephora.
- I take FULL advantage of the fact that I am the only girl in the family. Although, Jackson has definitely inherited my love of shopping and fashion.
- I feel like I’ve lost a limb whenever I forget my phone at home. And I hate that I feel like that, but I do.
- I also absolutely hate getting gas…so inconvenient.
- I could easily get a full 9 hours of sleep if we disconnected our internet and all tv services. Instead, I get a solid 4. I can’t help it, Baby Yoda got me.
*Disclaimer* If you are looking for a Mommy Blog to give you great advice on making your own organic food or creating craft projects out of elbow macaroni…this isn’t it and I apologize in advance for any confusion I may have caused.
Legal Stuff: © The Jones Family Five, 2013-present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jessica and The Jones Family Five with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.