[dropcap]I[/dropcap]’ve been married for almost 12 years to an incredible, talented, smoking hot and sports-obsessed man. Together, we share a love of Thai food, Friends and Friday Night Lights. Oh, and Dave Matthews Band. We tend to butt heads over sports (because I just don’t care) and my MAC makeup obsession (because he just doesn’t care) but we have managed to put those things aside in the name of love. And Chicken Pad-Thai.
We are blessed with 3 messy, smelly, dirty boys. Trenton is 11, Jackson is 8 and Aidon is 6. I love my kids. Love, love, love them. But 70% of the time, I want to be away from them. (And it’s really 80% of the time, but I thought 70% sounded better.) They are ALL boys. They fight, yell, spit, sweat, make light saber noises 24/7, and eat like they have never before seen food. Unless it’s a vegetable. And then, magically, they’re full. Unfortunately, I’m not an all-together Mom. At the end of the day, if no one’s bleeding and everyone has had at least 2 meals, I consider it a win. Lucky for me, my Huz IS an all-together Dad. He helps with science homework, does the laundry and plans our Family Fun Days…while I continue to neglect my household and children on this blog.
Some random facts about me:
- I depend on coffee the way most people depend of electricity
- I classify cereal an acceptable dinner
- I still make my boys use Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath lotion. It just smells so good; I can’t let it go
- I have single-handedly kept the good people of the local Fred Meyer across the street employed by the amount of money we spend on groceries
- Actually, come to think of it, I’ve probably done the same for the not-so-great employees of H&M
- I feel like I’ve lost a limb whenever I forget my phone at home
- I absolutely hate getting gas…so inconvenient
- I could easily get a full 9 hours of sleep if we disconnected our internet service. Instead, I get a solid 4.
- I add garlic to everything I cook
- I only watch Romantic Comedies and I’ve seen The Proposal 57 times
- I own a website design company with my best friend, that we do on the side of our 40 hour a week jobs
I am a bit of a clothes horse. I take FULL advantage of the fact that I am the only girl in the family and am 110% girl. If it smells good, sparkles or has a 4inch heel…you can bet I’ll try and buy it.
*Disclaimer* If you are looking for a Mommy Blog to give you great advice on making your own organic food or creating craft projects out of elbow macaroni…this isn’t it and I apologize in advance for any confusion I may have caused.
Legal Stuff: © The Jones Family Five, 2013-present. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jessica and The Jones Family Five with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.