Five Things I Know For Sure…
1. The Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray is no joke. I blogged about this product the other day, but it’s worth mentioning again. I’m pretty picky when it comes to beauty products. I’ll try them all, but I usually don’t blog or review them unless I really love (or hate) them. This spray is pretty incredible. It sets your makeup. Like, literally, covers your face with some kind of concrete glue. (It also keeps you from getting oily throughout the day-bonus!) The travel bottle is $15.00 and the full sized bottle is $30.00. Go with the full sized bottle. It’s 3 times the ounces for only double the price. And you won’t regret it. But if you do, just send it to me.
2. I Need Hair Inspiration. It’s about time for my semi-annual hair cut and color and I’ve been on Pinterest every night this week searching for what I want to do next. I’ve pinned these photos so far and it’s fairly clear I have no idea what I want. But what I do know is this: I don’t like red, I need lighter colors around my face and every time I see a picture of Jennifer Lawrence with dark hair I’m tempted to box-dye my hair L’oreal style.
3. Finally broke down and ordered this fall lipstick. I’ve heard nothing but positive reviews on this good-for-all color, so I went to Sephora, but ended up having to order it. Sidenote: that’s how you know it’s good. It’s sold out in stores. *winks*
4. I’ve been watching these brushes online for months. I desperately need new brushes. The ones I’m currently using keep stabbing me with their pokey little bristles. It’s my personal opinion that brushes are everything. If you don’t have good brushes to apply the makeup, the makeup can’t sit well on your face. I’m also a big believer in cleaning your brushes on a regular basis. I use this cleaner from Sonia Kashuk and it does the job.
5. Tape Yo Face. I saw this tutorial where this girl put Scotch Tape on the outer corners of her eyes to put her eyeliner on. Initially, I was all, girl you look like an idiot. But after I saw the results I ran straight to my gift wrap closet and pulled out my Scotch Tape. If you’re scared to try it, do it at night. That way, if you fail miserably and it looks like spiders are trying to crawl outta your eyeballs, then you just go to bed. No harm, no foul. But I promise you, it’s easier than it looks.