Five Things I Know For Sure…
1. This place is top on my list of places to try. Huz and I have been talking about making a pie for the past few days. We were watching Master Chef Junior the other night and these incredibly talented 8 year olds were making lemon meringue pies from scratch. We turned each other and said, “I want pie.” The problem is we both want to eat pie…but neither of us want to make it. The closest we came to making it was going to WinCo and looking up the recipe on our phones…but then we decided there were too many steps, so we both settled on Hostess Fruit Pies.
That’s the same.
2. Yes, I still watch Pretty Little Liars. I know. At what point are they going to realize they’ve been tortured by A for almost 5 years, so it’s time to pack the leather mini skirts and ankle booties and get the h-e-double-hockey-sticks outta Rosewood? But before they leave, I need to figure out where Aria bought her feather earrings.
3. My parents are preparing to move. The house isn’t listed or anything like that yet, but they’ve been cleaning and making small upgrades. In all honestly, I can completely understand why they’re moving. It’s too much house for them now. It’s just the two of them, so it’s a lot of upkeep. Not only the house itself, but also the front and back yard. But it’s the home I grew up in, the one I came home from the airport to. And there is a large part of me that is very sad and dreading the day the house actually goes up on the market. I keep pushing the thought out of my mind. I’m not a very sentimental person; I don’t keep stuffed animals or cards or old yearbooks. But the thought of saying goodbye to the house makes me want to cry. I think the only thing that would make it better would be if they just gave us the hot tub. Yeaaaaaaaaah. Then I could probably let the house go.
4. Last weekend, Savannah and I ordered a few pairs of glasses from Warby Parker to try on and they’re on their way here. I usually stick to square frames like these, but I stepped out and ordered these to try on as well. (Not in the floral pattern…I’m not that brave.)
5. I am scarf obsessed. It’s my go-to outfit, especially when I’m running late: jeans, sweater, scarf. And here are some that I’ve been eyeing lately…