Five Things I Know For Sure…
1. I think I’ve got this painting thing DOWN. I’ve started doing some work for our next Project Project feature, which will be the dining room. The last time I had to pick out paint, I spent 2+ hours at Home Depot and left feeling more overwhelmed than when I started. This time around, I feel a bit better. I’m still trying to narrow down that perfect color, but I don’t feel like I’m trying to choose between beige or purple. I know which color family I’m going with! (And no, purple was never really an option.)
Truth be told, the name of the color has a lot to do with my choice. The color Wheat Bread doesn’t sound as cool as the color Metric.
2. Having a husband who cooks is amazing. The other night he asked me what I wanted for dinner and I said that grilled cheese sounded good. He ran right out of the house to the grocery store and an even an hour later I had a hot sandwich on sourdough with 3 different kinds of melted cheese. It’s like my own personal chef. Who I don’t even have to tip.
3. Memorial Day Weekend is here!!! I love this weekend, mainly because we have a long standing tradition of having Jones Family Fun Day. We always let the kids pick out what we do for the day, within reason of course. This year, I’m hoping for a hike to the mountain…maybe with a picnic?
4. Shellac French Manicure on my toes is probably the best idea anyone has ever had. It stays on for months and because it’s a French Manicure, it goes with everything. It doesn’t chip, it doesn’t smudge, I LOVE IT.
5. I recently picked up these shorts at Old Navy and I foresee myself living in them this summer. They’re super comfortable and fairly loose. I threw a cream colored blouse on with them last weekend and was date night ready. If you need a pair of go-to shorts, I think these are the winner.